Friday, March 5, 2010

First day of gardening!

It was such a beautiful day today.... got to 51!!!!! Kathrynn and I sat on our front porch soaking up the sun, and then Kathrynn had a great idea of going out to our garden! To be honest I was not looking forward to what I *thought* I was going to find, which was a bunch of dead starters..... The cold weather came on fast and furious at the end of the fall, before I could really get much from what i'd planted.... But when we went out this afternoon I found almost a whole row of harvestable spinach!!!! Yipeeeeeeee!



We cleaned out the rest of the garden.....

Found some awesome worms!!!!!


And watered the spinach and the cute little kale that is also coming in!!!

Next up... planing seeds!!!!! Can't wait to start eating out of our garden again!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute new header! K is too adorable.

    Isn't spinach wonderful? So hardy, so tasty. :)

    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete