Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I am a learning, growing, Becoming creature!

The following is a lovely post by Scott Noelle for his Daily Grove emails.......

I appreciate it because, being a Capricorn, I do have a tendency to be rather hard on myself and expect a tiny bit of "perfection." ;) I am reading a wonderful but also internally intensive book called The Presence Process by Michael Brown. I reminded myself last night, after reading one of his lessons for the second time, that I don't have to have the lesson mastered...... I can go on to the next lesson, and then come back and start again, as MB suggests. I don't have to be "perfect" [what i *conceive* perfect to be-- because every moment IS really perfect ;) ], right away!!! I am a learning, growing, Becoming creature, in each and every moment! That *is* perfect!

My tendency is to raise the bar for myself, to a place that i am not yet at, and not just strive to be there, but to demand of myself that i be there. Then life's little lessons reveal where i am all tangled up. Sometimes I ride the wave, and other times I slowly stray from my ideals of Presence. My tendency is then to beat myself up and at times victimize. Not where I want to be!!!!
The goal is to learn from those moments of deviation..... understand what (inside of myself) took me there. So that the next time those internal triggers occur, I can remain Present.

No regrets!!! Its all a learning process, and every moment is a turning point to new awareness, new inner beauty and discovery, and new levels of Presence. :)
========================================================
:: No Regrets ::

As you progress and become a wiser parent, you may at
times feel regret that you didn't "know better" when
your children were younger. You may even feel guilty
for "damaging" them. If so, let Mother Nature inspire
you to a more hopeful perspective.

Have you ever explored a wild forest and appreciated
the awesome way in which Life springs forth from the
chaos? Then you know Mother Nature never regrets. She
learns as she goes and always makes the best of things
as they are. She never looks back.

When a tree takes root in the shadows, Mother Nature
doesn't regret giving it a "sub-optimum" start in
life. She trusts it will bend toward the Light and
find a way to thrive. And in doing so, the tree
creates its own unique beauty.

She knows that no storm, flood, or fire can stop the
endless Flow of Life through her children.

http://dailygroove.net/no-regrets

No comments:

Post a Comment